Another great recipe idea! This time courtesy of Dinner: A Love Story
Shout out to my bro’s fiance. I pretty much outsourced finding healthy recipes to her. She loves Pintrest. Bitches love Pintrest.
What you need:
- 1 1/4 pounds ground chicken
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Pecorino (or Parm)
- Salt(if you use it)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Garlic Clove, Minced
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 Egg, Whisked
- Zest of 1/2 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- 14-oz Pizza Sauce
- 4 oz mozzarella
Looked at this recipe and found it to be fairly easy, so I modified it. I added/substituted the following
- Used 3 1/2 pounds ground Turkey instead of chicken
- Forgot parsley….my bad
- I used 1/2 onion instead of just 2 tbsp
- I also added turmeric cause I use that shit in a lot of my cooking to reduce inflammation.
- I also added 3 servings of Egg Whites. All bout dat protein.
For the sauce I used Wegman’s Chunky Marinara Pasta Sauce(Organic). I also had Trader Joe’s shredded Mozzarella instead of sliced cheese. Worked out just fine.
I will always look for ways to boost the protein of the foods I cook. Also, I never use added salt to my cooking. I honestly just rather not, your decision.
What to Do:
- Preheat oven 400°F
- In a large bowl, mix Chicken(turkey), Breadcrumbs, Onion, Parsley, Parm, Salt(if used), Pepper, Garlic, Fennel Seeds, Egg, Lemon Zest, and Olive oil
- Shape into lacrosse ball sized balls
- Place on a baking sheet(line it with foil first).
- In a small bowl mix spoonful of sauce with olive oil.
- Brush some of the sauce on each meatball.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Remove form oven.
- Spoon sauce on top of each meatball and cover with some cheese.
- Bake again for another 3-7 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Heat sauce in saucepan.
- Take out of oven and enjoy!
Again, another STUPID EASY recipe. So great and it made me 4 meals of 3 meatballs each. I bought some Spinach Fettuccine from Wegman’s to add to the sauce but it was not necessary. Love the flavor the lemon zest added. I ended up with some HUGE delicious balls.
I have been using MyFitnessPal to keep track of my Macros. It is working great. According to my recipe(with turkey and egg whites) these are the number PER MEATBALL.
Total Calories – 275
Carbs – 13g
Sugar – 4g
Fiber – .6g
Fat – 11g
Sat Fat – 2g
PROTEIN – 31g
Good shit in my book.
Questions, comments, concerns? Well I don’t care about that cause this is my blog. But I will accept recipe ideas. Email me: