File this one under FUCKING MAKE AGAIN. This is absolutely delicious. Got this recipe from Damn Delicious(thanks Melissa). It can be found here: http://bit.ly/1oUl59I What you Need:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 can (10-ounce) Enchilada sauce
- 1 can (4.5-ounce) Chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup canned corn kernels, drained
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste(I don’t use salt)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
Notes: I added 1 cup of Lentils which I cooked with the quinoa. Also I am eating this with chicken breast that I made a separate day. I also made this in a Crock Pot instead of the oven. I got all my stuff from Trader Joe’s(seriously love that place). What to Do:
- In a large sauce pan add 2 cups of water and cook quinoa(use instructions on package) then set aside
- If you are using an oven, preheat it to 375 and prep an baking dish with oil/spray. If you are using a Crock Pot just set it on Medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix quinoa, enchilada sauce, green chilies, corn, black beans, cilantro, cumin, and chili.
- Season with pepper
- Add 1/2 c Cheddar Cheese and and 1/2 c mozzarella cheese.
- Spread quinoa mixture into the prepared baking dish or Crock Pot.
- Top with remaining cheeses.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly and cheeses have melted, about 15 minutes or maybe an hour on the Crock Pot.
- Serve garnished with avocado and tomato
This was so stupid easy and made quite a bit. I used a Crock Pot and set it for an hour but I doubt it needs that much time. I like to boost the protein of my dishes which is why lentils were added. Steamed vegetables were also added because I fucking need my greens. You can add this to a lot of foods to make them more delicious. I added it to plain chicken breast but also had it with ground beef on a separate day. DELICIOUS!