I am definitely very attached to this recipe. Firstly, I have a huge sweet tooth. This is a healthy way to satisfy that craving. Secondly, and most importantly I came up with it on my own. Now I will not take full credit for it, I am sure this amazing combination of squash and sweet potato has been thought up by someone else before. However, I did not find a recipe for so I will take credit. On top of being absolutely delicious this recipe fulfills all my criteria:
- Cheap(I am a poor rican and am on a budget)
- Easy(I have remedial culinary skills)
- I need to make multiple meals at once(work smarter not harder)
- I can mix it with peanut butter
I do not really measure my stuff out so the ingredients are mostly eyeballed. Here goes:
What You Need:
- 1-2 Acorn Squash
- 1 Butternut Squash
- 3-4 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes
- 1-2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tbsp Cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp Nut Meg
- Cooking Spray
What to Do:
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Clean the squash and sweet potato then let soak so they are easy to cut.
- Peel the squash.
- Cube both types of squash and the sweet potatoes.
- In a large bowl, mix squash and sweet potato.
- Add Cinnamon, Oil, and Nutmeg into the bowl then mix.
- Cover large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spray sheet with cooking spray.
- Spread mixture evenly on sheet.
- Place in oven and let bake for 35-45 minutes or until soft.
I eyeballed the portions for the cinnamon, oil, and nutmeg. You can really put as much as you want for either ingredient. For the cooking spray I used Trader Joe’s Coconut Cooking Spray. If you would like, you can peel the sweet potatoes but it is not necessary. Cutting the squash can be tricky, maybe one day I will write a tutorial on how to do it but, for the time being use these:
That last link is an awesome resource for prepping other vegetables as well.
You should end up with a decent portion of this medley. I tend to mix this medley with peanut butter, but you can enjoy alone. I have been making this for some time now and it does make a great side to a dish the Stuffed Acorn Squash I previously posted:
I love mixing my food. When I made the Stuffed Acorn Squash, I had more stuffing that I needed. I mixed that stuffing with this medley and was pleasantly surprised.
I hope you all enjoy this! Let me know if you made it and if you liked it!