This recipe I got from yummly. It is an awesome site and it has an app. Use it to find some delicious recipes. I was not crazy about this but also did not hate it. It is low carb(ish). Especially if you decide to stay true to the original recipe. You can find that here:
- 1 Head Cauliflower
- 2 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp
- 20 Slices Pepperoni
- 1c Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Ground Turkey(optional)
- 1-2c Marinara Sauce(optional)
- Olive Oil(optional)
Notes: I added the Ground Turkey for the protein and Marinara Sauce cause why not? Instead of regular pepperoni I used turkey pepperoni that I previously boiled to get rid of some of the salt. Also, I used more pepperoni than the recipe called for also for the protein. The heavy cream drove me crazy. I should have substituted but it wasn’t that much to really concern me. I kept it in because the first time I make a new dish I try not to deviate too much. When I place the puree and turkey in a dish before cooking I layered it(one layer puree, one layer turkey, one layer cheese). Thought it was a good idea. What to do:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Clean and trim cauliflower and cut into medium pieces.
- Place cauliflower in bowl with 2 tbsp cream and 1 tbsp butter.
- Microwave uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Take out and stir.
- Microwave for another 6 minutes or until it is tender.
- Take mixture out and place in blender(I used my Magic Bullet) with 8 slices pepperoni and 1/4c cheese.
- Puree until it is smooth.
- Brown turkey by place it on a hot pan with olive oil.
- Spread cauliflower puree and turkey in a casserole dish.
- Cover with 1/2 c shredded mozzarella and layer with pepperoni.
- Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. (apparently you can microwave it for 5 minutes also)
I was not too crazy about this dish after I made it but the next day I tried it again and enjoyed it. I will probably make it again because it is so damn easy. If you made it and improved on it let me know! Christian firstname.lastname@example.org